Thursday, May 7, 2015

He too had a dark side



Knocked at my window
He mumbled; drove me out
Gleaming that evening was;
No one ever knew about

Quiet for a while, we stared
His “warmth” asked my plight
‘Dragged those stubborn rays; or
Faced some restless light?’

Blamed him for his betrayal
I sighed, nodded & replied;
“mine isn't luminous like yours,
life is dull and deprived”

Ah! Borrowed is my aura,
This glaze is wandering lie
Whole day I wane in pain
As any ‘fake’; ought to die!

Pleased, praised and celebratory
My waxing is rhymed & inked;
“Wish I could live all glory,
Resting in your lap”; he winked

Defaming our togetherness
Dawn will spilt us soon
Imbibe me, my “crazy” night
Calling it a “new” moon

Our hands gripped unknowingly
I thanked him for the ride
His silent scars confessed
He too had a dark side


© Juhi Gupte

No comments:

Post a Comment