Saturday, May 30, 2015

“Silhouette”


Her eyes were stern
For each wrong I did
Whenever my wants hiked
Her wish-list got buried

Eternal place was her womb
Out I am in a far-off land
That lap is a "Silhouette"

Abode by values; he taught
What life ought to earn
Those spectacles scolded me
For "habits" had to learn

Desk is clean; though silent
Newspaper is lying unfolded
Chair refrain his “Silhouette”

He stamped floor; for 'it' hurt me
She kept secrets; hid my toys
Swarmed we all; skinned knees
Time geared up making us "wise"

Tempt by the skies; uncertain
Earth has no dust; unmoved!!

Horizon has their "Silhouette"

Arms I clung have wrinkles
But she stood tall by my side
Amidst, he broke the promise
Never walked me as a bride

Her weak flesh is in concern
His soul sailed to unknown
Restive is their Silhouette

I blew the "plus" candles
Cheeks get curved somehow
Finding good in the trepidation
Laughter doesn't burst now

Squalls are trying to dissuade
Me in countless pieces
Unshaken is my "Silhouette"

©Juhi Gupte

No comments:

Post a Comment